Thursday, September 07, 2006

Speak for England

A slight feeling of pride has swollen up in me. You see, I started reading a book on Monday afternoon, and finished it yesterday. And I didn't get sidetracked onto another book half way through.

For me, avoiding the distraction of other books is pretty unusual. Which explains the number of half-read books that clutter my bedside table, bookshelves, boxes and my mind.

The book in question was "Speak for England" by James Hawes. (Full review now posted.) It was quite good - though I wish the ending (last 50 or so pages) was different. I'll post a review next week when I'm back home from holiday.

Now I just have to remember why I picked up the book in the first place! Did someone recommend it? I can't recall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan,
I have the same problem with books. I'm reading four different books at the moment. :)

Have you read The End of Iraq?

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Nope - way too contemporaneous to have made it to the top of by book list yet!!!